Friday, December 14, 2007

Performance Art



I definitely enjoyed this section on performance art. Although I didn't record my own i was apart of a performance art piece. In the piece I participated in, Logan Jones and I had to walk down the street and be normal on the sidewalk and as soon as we cross the street we raise hell in the middle of the street. We basically put on a show for everyone in their car's at the red lights. Everytime we got on the street we pushed each other around and yelled "FUCK YOU" as loud as we could and tryied to convince everyone on the road that we were brawling and to also confuse them. It was confusing because when we got back on the sidewalk we instantly became friends again then we repeated the process. While performing this piece, we had several people stop and tell us to knock it off and to stop fighting. Apparently it worked. I was so exited and it was a very bold and gutsy move and way out of my character. Afterwards we had to alert the people that is was acting and please don't call the police! It was great though and the people watching it afterwards thought we did a good job. It was very clever and its unique because you don't think performance arts has a meaning but you shortly learn that there's a hidden message in every video.

No comments: